I've got a strange database question for you ?

From: peter <peterp100_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 04:56:05 GMT

I want to do a strategic analysis of a database, but first I need to understand what exactly a strategic analysis is. I believe it is WHY a certain business (or group) might want to implement a database. So, am I correct, in stating that a strategic analysis is why something (a database in this case) must be done, not HOW it will be done.

I've searched the internet looking for information, it's easy to find help on how to do things, but nothing in why do it.

But, in general why would a business or group want use a database ?

Also, what is a good database to study, of course a product/business database would do, but what about something more interesting like a scientific database (seti) or something like dejanews ? Can you help point me to some interesting databases on the internet.

Thanks, Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 05:56:05 CET

Original text of this message