Re: Designing RDBMSs?

From: Mark B. Wallace <wallace_at_no.spam.acm.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:24:04 GMT

Paul Linehan wrote:

> I know that this newsgroup is generally about designing databases, in
> the sense of how should my tables be organised? What I am trying to do
> is to read about how to design an RDBMS itself.
>
> Does anybody know of URLs or other references to this topic?

Book: "Database Design" by Gio Wiederhold. What he's writing about is how to design a DBMS, itself, not how to design an application to run on one. And even this book doesn't go heavily enough into the vital role played by the data dictionary/catalogue/system tables in relational DBMS. Mark Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 22:24:04 CET

Original text of this message