Re: whats all the points to be considered when we r creating one new database?

From: James <jraustin1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2001 10:38:09 -0700

> can we create a database of our own?if yes,then whats all the points
> we have to consider while creating a new datbase & if not why???i know
> its not possible to create a new database like oracle or sql or ibm
> db2 but where can i get the datas which can be helpful building one
> new database.

The most important point may be to consider what is the goal of the database you want to create. To build the most general database possible, consider object-oriented databases, however greater flexibility typically means more complexity.

XDb is a simple object-oriented database for Windows & Pocket PCs. Instantiate, reference, cut, copy, paste, delete, query objects via File Explorer like GUI. Fast, flexible, compact, orthogonal. ActiveX DLL interface compatible with VB, C, Delphi, ASP. API similar to ADO and XML DOM. For more info, see http://www.xdb1.com Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 19:38:09 CEST

Original text of this message