Re: whats all the points to be considered when we r creating one new database?

From: Satheesh Konidala <konidalasatheesh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2001 15:02:07 -0700

praveen_patro_at_yahoo.com (praveen kumar patro) wrote in message news:<b08ad32b.0109122124.7c58143b_at_posting.google.com>...
> can we create a database of our own?if yes,then whats all the points
> we have to consider while creating a new datbase & if not why???i know
> its not possible to create a new database like oracle or sql or ibm
> db2 but where can i get the datas which can be helpful building one
> new database.

http://dsl.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~course/DBMS/projects/MINIREL/doc/minirel-doc/minirel-doc.html http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~dbbook/minibase.html These are experimental simple databases specs created from scratch. Minirel is being used in many universities which teach DBMS Courses. This will help you in most of the physical issues in database design - ofcourse you have the Beast on top of them - the QueryProcessor. Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 00:02:07 CEST

Original text of this message