Looking for Windows database(s) similar to "db access" on a unix operating system

From: Nilwod <johndowling_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2001 15:06:36 -0700

I use "db access" all the time on a unix system to retrieve and store information and tables generated from programs operating in the unix environment. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to obtain a windows based database program, as flexible and easy as "db access", where I could store information on my own windows pc - I can import the data from the unix machine in delimited format, and have it ready for insertion into a windows based database - if that type of insertion is possible.

Sorry is this message is posted in the wrong area - I am completely new to the Google usergroups, though I have been using Google as a search engine for a very long time... Received on Mon Oct 01 2001 - 00:06:36 CEST

Original text of this message