Re: [T] S.O.D.A. --> Relational GUI

From: Topmind <topmind_at_technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 01:43:08 GMT

> Sure, SQL isn't going to be able to handle the nested guis (the BOM problem)
> though.

I keeping seeing variations of this. Note that:

  1. SQL may not *by itself* be capable of everything. I have used procedural recursion in conjunction with SQL to get nested (tree) structures.
  2. There are vendor-specific "tree commands" available in some SQL dialects. Please be clear about whether you are picking on existing systems (and which one) or a paradigm's fundimental limitations.

-T-   Received on Mon Jul 23 2001 - 03:43:08 CEST

Original text of this message