Re: Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: 22 Jul 2001 15:27:52 -0700

> > >db4o needs one statement to store a tree of any complexity:
> >
> > I find it interesting that you made the above statement and then followed
 it
> > with the 43 lines of code your product requires:
> > >db.set(tree);
> > >
> > >public class Tree {
> > >
> > > public static class TopLevel extends Tree {
> > > public Tree pid;
> > > public List defs;
> > > public Name sourcefile;
> > > public PackageSymbol packge;
> > > public Scope namedImportScope;
> > > public Scope starImportScope;
> > > public Hashtable docComments = null;
>
> [30 lines of class definitions snipped]
>
> Class definitions are essentially necessary for the application. They are a
> requirement of the respective application, not for our product.

I see. You do not count the schema definition your product uses, but you do count the schema definition that other products use... That doesn't sound like a level playing field; it sounds like intentionally misleading advertising to me. Received on Mon Jul 23 2001 - 00:27:52 CEST

Original text of this message