Re: Flamewar object databases vs. relational databases

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:29:17 GMT

>> : Man or wimp?
>> : Programmer or bubble-blower?
>> : Can you solve this problem or not?
>>
>> Where's the fire?
>
>I was waiting for Bob to provide an answer. No matter with what he comes up
>with, there are drawbacks and performance deficits against an object
>database

Bullshit! You challenged me to perform a task without full specification of the task. It's transparent. When I say "A newspaper is black-and-white-and-read-all-over", you can reply with something like "No, it's nun falling down the stairs" or "No, it's a skunk in a blender". It's a childish setup, and I won't allow you to draw me into it -- no matter how much you try to goad me with questions of my manhood! Fucking asshole!

>that inserts an inheritance hierarchy with one single statement.

The relational model allows one to insert object values of arbitrary complexity into a relation with one single statement.

>He
>has been trying to neglect this with "bullshit" and "not true" answers and
>by being reluctant to post a single line of code.

Bullshit! When I say something is bullshit, it's because it is. When I say something is untrue, it's because it is not true. It's as simple as that no matter how hard you try to mischaracterize it. I have more sense than to try to answer a salesman's foolish untruth, bullshit and absurdity.

I fully understand the tactic of "Bullshit baffles brains every time!"

>It is very easy to watch a
>circus from the outside yelling "terrible" and "stupid" if you don't have
>perform yourself.

I outperform every day. I have better sense than to call a proprietary object cache a DBMS.

>Of course this is always an argument to mistrust other peoples benchmarks.
>Feel free to rewrite the code to use prepared statements and another pkey
>generation if you wish.

In other words, feel free to spend your time without compensation.

Regards,
Bob Received on Sun Jul 22 2001 - 01:29:17 CEST

Original text of this message