Re: Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:38:25 +0200

Bob Badour wrote:
> It is easy to challenge people who you know lack the financial incentive
> your company has to expend considerable effort conjuring up "concrete
> examples".
>
> I have spoken directly to the issues themselves. Since you have proved
> yourself completely incapable of refuting my position, I will leave it at
> that.

You have invested at least a week of work for the flamewar here. What was your motivation?

Writing a working code example for my proposed trial would be less than an hour of work, at least with an object database. Wouldn't you like to prove, you are right?
(which I know you are not)

You have been insulting me with all kinds of swearwords. You have been denying that there is a usecase for object databases at all. You have been calling relational databases "object databases" insisting that they can store objects.
You have been spreading the lie, that object databases add complexity instead of simplifying work.
You have been throwing dirt at our product. You have been implying that we fake benchmarks. What was all this for?
What did I do to you personally to provoke this action?

Now please:
Give us some proof with a concrete code example. Are you afraid of the challenge?

Kind regards,
Carl

---
Carl Rosenberger