Re: Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: Lee Fesperman <firstsql_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 01:34:37 -0700

peter_douglass wrote:

> Lee Fesperman wrote in message <3B48F0F4.5460_at_ix.netcom.com>...
> >I would be interested in published research also, though I don't know of
> any.
>
> I don't know if this is what you are seeking, but you might want to look at
>
> _Database programming in Machiavelli--a polymorphic language with static
> type
> inference_ Atsushi Ohori, Peter Buneman and Val Breazu-Tannen
>
> which can be found at:
> http://www.acm.org/pubs/contents/proceedings/mod/67544/look

Thanks, Peter. Your link didn't work until I removed the last 'look'. I found the paper. Then when I went to download, it asked for a password. Though I'm an ACM member, I didn't know how to login. However, I have a copy of the SIGMOD CD set and found the paper in there. I'll take a look at it.

--
Lee Fesperman, FFE Software, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com)
* Check out Database Debunkings (http://www.firstsql.com/dbdebunk/)