Re: [T] Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: Richard MacDonald <macdonaldrj_at_att.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 05:52:28 GMT

"Topmind" <topmind_at_technologist.com> wrote in message news:MPG.15b182bd93fe2c27989b51_at_news.earthlink.net...

> I can't get a strait answer. The military would
> probably court-marshal somebody who gave the wishy washy
> Zen answers that I get.

LOL. Funny, however, the military people who work in IT seem to have no trouble appreciating OO. I find it rather fascinating (and comforting) that the high-level US military people my company deals with are profoundly intelligent in terms of OO. We've never had to "prove" the fundamentals. We've only had to prove the results.
YMMV :-)
> > Currently I've moved an abstraction level above databases,
>
> Rather than fiddle with yet another layer, I try to
> "surf" the database features and take advantage of it's
> inherit power.
>
> Perhaps military applications are more concerned with
> contract formalness instead of being flexible WRT
> entity influence. The OO approach may indeed help
> there. I can't say for sure.

The military definitely want a formal project management capability, but I've never met a military IT person who wasn't intimate with the need for (and difficulties with) flexibility.

Any other experience to share with us, Bryce :-? Who put in all these newsgroups anyway? Added noise. Sorry. Bryce is our comp.object "cross to bear". Received on Sun Jul 08 2001 - 07:52:28 CEST

Original text of this message