Re: Variabel fieldnames in queries

From: H.L.J. Steinschuld <jo.steinschuld_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 09:47:52 +0200

Remco,

I think your table is in 0NF. Normalize it so that get a column CM and put the user's answer in the where clause.
Besides that, arises the question: should you have derived attributes, as running totals, in your DB?

Jo

"R. Groot Beumer" <Info_at_RGBplus.nl> schreef in bericht news:IvE07.179673$u5.3522685_at_zwoll1.home.nl...
> Hello (again),
>
> I have a question about the use of variabel fieldnames in queries. In a
> table of mine I've worked with cummulatives. The tables has got (among
> others) 13 fields which are named: cm_01, cm_01, cm02 etc (last one is
> cm_13).
> In a certain query I want to get the values of one of the above fields by
> using a variabel (perhaps a function). So the user is asked: "Which period
> do you want to export". The system must take the right field. In simple
 VBA