Re: Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: akmal _at_ deja <_at_>
Date: 8 Jul 2001 05:01:48 -0700

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message news:<g6a17.4128$tl2.64479287_at_radon.golden.net>...
> >So now you enter the realm of CLIENT APPLICATION space, where the
> >relational model all by itself is not applicable.
>
> Agreed. The database is an independent system that serves the client
> application space and is not the client application space. One day, I hope
> to see a programming language that integrates seemlessly with relational
> databases and that allows higher-level descriptions of things as well as
> lower-level imperative procedural code. Even then, I would make a
> distinction between the DBMS and the programming language.

[snip]

Bob,

Maybe you should talk to this guy at Microsoft:

http://buffy.eecs.berkeley.edu/Seminars/Old.2001/Apr/010412.hamilton.html

He talks about the language execution environment being merged with that of the server. Perhaps not exactly what you are looking for, but maybe a step in the direction.

akmal Received on Sun Jul 08 2001 - 14:01:48 CEST

Original text of this message