Re: Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: 5 Jun 2001 22:23:10 -0700

> > What constitutes a "clean" object class design? How does one achieve the
> > goal of "cleanliness"? How does one recognize a "clean" design vs an
> > "unclean" design? Are the steps for achieving a "clean" design documented
> > anywhere? Can we deterministically determine whether a given design is
> > "clean" ?
> >
> > How?
>
> The big difference is that (good) Classes are "designed" around their
> behavior; _not_ their "data".
>
> See Designing Object-Oriented Software by Wirfs-Brock, Wilkerson and Wiener

Thanks for the reference. I checked out Wirfs-Brock et al at http://mogwai.simplenet.com/mood/DOOS.htm

I do not see how DOOS differs from the conceptual modelling stage of database design. Everything there certainly applies to relational domain design.

I do not see how the conceptual analysis transforms into a "clean" logical design, and I am still unclear on the meaning of "clean". Received on Wed Jun 06 2001 - 07:23:10 CEST

Original text of this message