Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 14:41:22 -0400

It has been suggested in another thread that a clean object class design obviates the need for normalization.

In relational data modelling, I understand how normalization turns a fuzzy and general conceptual model into a robust logical model. The steps for achieving normalization are well documented, if not entirely deterministic. The algorithms for recognizing normalized designs are deterministic as well.

What constitutes a "clean" object class design? How does one achieve the goal of "cleanliness"? How does one recognize a "clean" design vs an
"unclean" design? Are the steps for achieving a "clean" design documented
anywhere? Can we deterministically determine whether a given design is
"clean" ?

How? Received on Sun Jun 03 2001 - 20:41:22 CEST

Original text of this message