Re: Flamewar object databases vs. relational databases

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: 4 Jun 2001 16:15:50 -0700

> : Carl will now pick nits with the guts of your code while not showing
> : the guts of any of his.
>
> Sometimes it is better to expose oneself to attack than to wait an
> eternity for your opponent to do the same.

Not in this case.

> I also hope that bringing some real code in here might raise the level of
> debate.

Actually, it will lower it. By turning the focus away from general principles onto arbitrary details and irrelevant minutiae, you turn attention away your opponent's weaknesses. It provides him cover in which to hide the deficiencies of his product. Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 01:15:50 CEST

Original text of this message