Re: Unknown SQL

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:29:59 -0400

>arrays, n-dimensional arrays, classes without public constructors, inner
>classes, all JDK Collection classes, simple types, interfaces ...

So many concepts, so much complexity. Beyond making things more difficult for users, what good is it for?

>As far as I know, our product is the only object database with this
>approach. Our point of view:
>The less additional concepts a database adds,

You have a funny way of delivering that. Relational replaces all of the above concepts and many more concepts with three: relation, tuple, domain.

These are not additional concepts -- simply different names for existing ones. Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 20:29:59 CEST

Original text of this message