Re: Unknown SQL

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:23:51 -0400

>There are lots and lots of paradigms to learn here.
>Are they all necessary?

Huh? Whenever I see anyone use the word "paradigm" my bullshit antennae go on full alert.

There are no "paradigms" to learn. There are some data management principles to learn -- a principled approach always outdoes an unprincipled approach by every measure. Relational is simplicity itself.

>Yes, of couse every additional abstraction layer provides a place for a
 more
>general (or more flexible) handling.

I disagree. Every additional abstraction layer provides opportunity for additional complexity. I have yet to see any proposal that is any more flexible than the relational model.

Cheers,
Bob Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 01:23:51 CEST

Original text of this message