practice test question...

From: MadG <patrick4133_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:00:58 GMT

Hi there,

I have a test Friday in my Database Systems class. The prof gave us a practise
test with this question. He's not taking anything up and I'm really stuck. I've gotten as far as what's included, but everytime I try to expand the answer

it looks wrong.

Could you help?

  • Entites TEXTBOOK (ISBN[PRIMARY KEY], BOOKNAME, AUTHOR, AFF_NUM[FORIEGN KEY --A.TABLE], YEAR. COST (SUPPLEMENT)[REPEATING GROUP])
PUBLISHER (PUB_NUM[PRIMARY KEY], PUB_NAME, CONTACT, WEBSITE, LAST_CONTACT) AFFILIATE (AFF_NUM[PRIMARY KEY], PUB_NUM[FOREIGN KEY -P.TABLE], AFF_NAME)

Keep track of textbook features to be evaluated (content coverage, ease of reading,
exercises, cost), the weights (1-3) associated with each of these features and
the evaluation number (1-10) scored for each feature of a particular textbook.

There is a requirement to identify the textbooks being evaluated for different subject
areas (example: systems analysis and design; database systems; C++ programming)

I have concluded that I must add an attribute to the textbook table to identify what
subject the book falls under. ( If that's right? )

I don not know how to take care of the repeating group. I had thought that perhaps I
should create an entity SUPPLEMENT but from there I get stuck as to what to include.
Also, I don't know how best to set up an entity for the review.

Thank you,

Patrick Rutherford. Received on Tue Mar 13 2001 - 01:00:58 CET

Original text of this message