Re: AutoCommit and Coding Standards

From: James Chapman <Jim.Chapman_at_nospam.ncr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:54:19 -0800

No, you cannot safely assume that auto-commit is the default. You cannot assume that every ODBC driver even supports auto-commit (though most do).

The ODBC spec says: " If a driver supports the SQL_AUTOCOMMIT conection option, the default transaction mode is auto-commit; otherwise, it is manual-commit."