Re: Mathematica RDBMS Model

From: Michal Widera <michal.widera_at_itam.zabrze.pl>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:41:06 +0100

Jan Hidders wrote:

> Michal Widera wrote:
> >
> > Jan Hidders wrote:

> > > What kind of model are you looking for? A model of the data? A model of
> > > the transaction handling? An execution model? ...
> >
> > I'm looking for a simplified theoretical model of database engine.
>
> So the next question is what you want the granularity of the model to
> be? Are you going to model queries as black boxes or do you want to model
> their semantics? And what kind of modeling language would you like to
> use? Process algebra? Petri nets? Plain set theory? Z? VDM? ...
>
> --
> Jan Hidders

Well, i think that the model should be projected step down - from the black box to the most posible granuarity.
In first aprox. i think that the simple queriers should be black box'es, there also should be some kind of process modeling. (Data base writter,Listener,Archiver,etc...
like internal structure of Oracle Database) What kind of matematic tool i'll use - it still open problem. I think about construct a simple M/M/1 ? What you think about it ? Received on Fri Jan 19 2001 - 09:41:06 CET

Original text of this message