Re: B*-trees

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 15:38:48 +0100

Christoph Rupp wrote:
[Storing object to an object database]
> But how would you do that in C++? You can never automate it in such a way
 that
> this works:
>
> class CChild : public CDBObj
> {
> //...
> };
>
> CChild child;
> DB.Store(child);

We will not talk about proprietary dialogs like MS enhanced C++ I assume. (Enhanced C++ has reflection capabilities.)

You are 50% right.
What you would need is a precompiler, to automatically analyze classes and insert reflection functions.

That could be part of your makefile.

> Maybe it's a different case with Java. We have learned Java at university
 but i
> haven't used it much. Maybe you can extend it in a way that such
 operations are
> supported.

Have a look at the java.lang.reflect package, if you are interested on the way it is done.

> 20 o'clock? Not watching the "Tagesschau"?
<CNN - for internationals >

Indeed my project keeps me very busy and I lose relations to reality sometimes.

Regards,
Carl

---
Carl Rosenberger