Item Properties

From: ciari <ciari_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 08:09:50 GMT

Aloha,

In the works of creating our store database. Would appreciate any comments on what we should keep an eye for regarding our design. We order different types of items: books, cds, computers with different properties. We'd like to capture properties that are unique to each class: author, RAM, number of tracks. The only thing we're scared of is that the Order_Property table will grow fast. Ah, nothing like working under the gun aka management motto: "Just get it done."

Item(ItemID, Name, Description)
Part(PartID, ItemID, Make, Model, P/N, Size) Order(OrderID, PartID, Qty, Date, Cost)
Property(PropertyID, Property, Description) Item_Property(ItemID, PropertyID)
Order_Property(OrderID, PropertyID, Value)

Thanks,
Tenzil Received on Wed Jan 03 2001 - 09:09:50 CET

Original text of this message