finding 'mimimal' SQL statements

From: Marc Biemond <m.c.biemond_at_planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 22:49:49 +0100

During my work as an IT engineer I came across the following problem. In order to generate 'minimal' SQL statements, I need to find all spanning trees of a subset of vertices in an undirected graph.

I use a directed graph without cycles to represent a database scheme.

Although I found some articles on algorithms for finding all the spanning trees in a graph, these techniques do not apply to the more general issue of finding spanning trees of subsets of vertices, as far as I know.

If someone can give me some pointers on these issues, please email me.

Thanks in advance,
Marc Biemond. Received on Mon Dec 25 2000 - 22:49:49 CET

Original text of this message