Re: efficiency problem

From: <cwfitzpatrick_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:08:11 GMT

In article <3A311975.339938B8_at_mdx.ac.uk>,   KAROL SUDNIK <KS315_at_mdx.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question I hope someone can help me with...
> I want to create a database consisting of 10 tables, capable of
 holding
> aprox. 100 000 entries each. I need to perform cross queries between
> these tables (I mean that I need to do multidimensional statistical
> analysis). These queries must give quite fast answers (I want to
> present results graphically). Is it possible to create such, efficient
> database using quite cheap software for ex. MS Access? Program which I
> build should work within Windows environment (that is why I mentioned
> Access).

> thanks,
> Karol
>
> I think Access is a good solution for your problem, but only if you
are an experienced database designer. Sounds as if this project would be a rough one to learn on. There are some real critical considerations that must be built into the design for this thing to work right. For instance, good functional indexes in your tables, and properly defined relationships. If you miss it here, your database will flop.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Dec 13 2000 - 12:08:11 CET

Original text of this message