Re: systems analysis & database design

From: Mark Preston <mark_at_mpreston.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/08/09

Your problem is one of analysis - your current results suggest that 'employees' must be existing and current, but your 'jobs' assumes that they must have been current when the job was done. My own resolution would be to use a start / end date for the job and employee and assume in both cases that they need to be concurrent rather than current.

If your design is in the early stages, a rethink of the relationship altogether would be better.

[snip]

--
Mark A Preston BSc, FIAP
The Magpie's Nest