Re: Generic Database

From: Marc Tardif <intmktg_at_Gloria.CAM.ORG>
Date: 2000/07/12

> I'm interested in designing a database that contains a single table.
> However each record can represent a different entity. For example, a
> record for representing a bear has the same fields for representing a
> plane. Has anyone wrote any papers about this subject?

I'm not sure if I understand your precise requirements, but Berkeley DB seems to be flexible enough for you. It uses pointers for both key and data, which is its way of representing a table. You can therefore use any form of struct you like for storage in the same table, even different structs if you can determine a way to differentiate from from another. There is plenty of documentation available at: www.sleepycat.com Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message