Re: standard way to handle returned goods, refunds and chargebacks?

From: fredg <fgutkind_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 2000/05/08

I'm not sure there is any such thing as a 'standard way', but when I was in business, any returned item was handled with the same invoicing method I used to originally bill the sale, except all amounts were negative and the words 'Credit Memo' were clearly indicated in large type where the Invoice number was, and 'Total Credit' in regular type alongside the total amount. I really don't think the method is important (within reason, of course) as long as it is accurate and consistent, so that anyone looking at the paperwork will immediately understand what it is.

Fred