Re: circular relationships URGENT

From: Brian Inglis <Brian.dot.Inglis_at_SystematicSw.ab.ca>
Date: 2000/05/08

On Sun, 07 May 2000 15:32:30 GMT, Fernando <spamers_at_must.die> wrote:

>Hi!
>
> I have the followinf entities: customer, order and address. A
>customer may have n addresses (shipping, billing, gifts, etc...) and n
>orders.
>
> First, I was planing to set a 1 to n relationship from
>customer to address and another 1 to n from customer to orders.
>
> Then I noticied, that I wouldn't have a way to know where (to
>wich address) an order should be sent....
>
> If I set a relationsship from address to order, the whole
>thing would be a sort of circular relationship (address to customer to
>order and back to address).
>
> I've never seen this sort of thing, so I'm afraid it must be
>wrong... What's the best solution? O:-)
>
>TIA
Try four tables: customer_info, customer_address, customer_order, customer_order_address, the latter relating the order to the address.

HTH Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis Calgary, Alberta, Canada

--
Brian_Inglis_at_CSi.com 	(Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca)
				use address above to reply