Re: A problem in SQL (a real challenge)

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: 2000/05/06

Bet up Joe Celko for calling the person who created a table with no primary key a "programmer".

"Programmers" do not know how to design a relational schema, unless they are also "database designers". In general, people who can design databases correctly for large scale enterprises and applications are so valuable doing that they don't have much time for "programming" anymore.

Let the process people code process, and let the data people design data. If you are going to encapsulate those two roles in the same person, you may as well take the next step and encapsulate data and method in the same object. My 2 cents.

Hiya Joe, long time no see! I know you've been here all the time, but it's been a while since I've
touched base with you.