Re: database performance questions

From: Kreiner Karl <kkreiner_at_carinthia.com>
Date: 2000/02/04

First of all, thanx for your suggestions, but I' think I have been not precise enough. Ok, a document is an abstract object , that may represent an article from a magazine ( e.g. consisting of a title, a lead and the text ) , or an entry in a guestbook ( consisting of an author and a comment), or an entry in a discussion forum ( consisting of an author , a comment and an reference id to another document )
And that's the point : I need a data structure (implemented on a relational database ) that's able to handle all these cases. It's not possible to design static tables, so I'm looking for a way to create an open structure, that holds both table definition an data. My problem is that this ends up in lots of related tables and I'm wondering if the performance would be still good enough as to provide fast search on an amount of 100000-200000 articles. ( due to many joins in your querys ) So, is it possible to find a efficient solution for this problem ?

thx,Charly Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message