Re: Theoretical Design Question

From: Oz Ben Eliezer <o_be_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/02/02

Hey Peter,

I tried to respond to you directly, and it didn't work... I guess you just wouldn't want that :-)

First of all, let me mention that "ambitious" is my middle name :-)

However, I am aware of the fact that it could take some time until the application will work with 1 billion users - however - there is relevant information I haven't discussed in the newsgroup.

While re-considering the structure of things, I decided that each item in the system may have up to 3000 (or whatever) properties, however most of them will have much less (around 100). So we have a table of items, a table of properties, and a many-to-many relationship between the two - so I'll create another table to relate between them.

I haven't yet reached the technical design stage of the project (it will take me up to a few days to get there), but onec I'm there, and have some planned database architecture, I'll be happy to share whatever I can with you.

Thanks for your time and help,
Oz

  • Original Message ----- From: "Peter Wilson" <spam.peterwilson69_at_optusnet.com.au> Newsgroups: comp.databases.theory Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 6:18 PM Subject: Re: Theoretical Design Question