Re: Theoretical Design Question

From: Peter Wilson <spam.peterwilson69_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: 2000/02/02

Hi,

As of 07/01/00 the Earth's population is estimated to be 6,073,104,685. If your project is aiming to capture 1/6th of this planet's population, then it one of the most ambitious projects I have ever heard of. Have I misunderstood something? A billion is 1000 million isn't it?

There are several ways to implement the 3000 different attributes per person. Let's assume that out of this 1 billion people, that 100 of these people (0.00001%) have identical attributes. If this is the case, you can avoid entering and storing redundant data. Depending on the way your tables are related, you could have 1 Billion rows in one table, and anything up to 3 Trillion rows in another table (1 billion x 3000 attributes). I would be happy to help, but I'd like to know a bit more about the database tables and relationships you plan.

Cheers,
Pete

Oz Ben Eliezer <o_be_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:87468r$k4b$1_at_news.netvision.net.il... Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message