Help needed for Database Replication

From: Anshul Seth <sethanshul_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2005 21:01:31 -0800

Hi All,

I am currently handling a J2EE application with the Application server as Weblogic 7.0 SP2 and Database on Oracle 9.2.1.0.

The client wants to setup a test environment, and as the application is mission-critical, it would be of great help if the production and test DB are in sync in real-time.

Can any one of you please guide me on this issue? I did read about Multi-Master Replication, but don't know much about it.
If somebody has used it, please explain the steps, the problems and roadblocks one generally faces while implementing it.

Also, my requirement is one way replication, i.e. from production to test and not vice versa, not that the changes done in test should reflect in the production.

Please guide.

Thanx.
Anshul Seth Received on Wed Mar 23 2005 - 06:01:31 CET

Original text of this message