Performance difference between Windows and Solaris 10g

From: Sameer <sameer.ocp_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2005 01:21:41 -0800

Hi

Begin with tuning the kernel parameters in Solaris for oracle otherwise it will be slow because it allocates memory to SGA from there and after changing the parameters reboot the system. Secondly, set the db_block_size = 8K in solaris machine.

I hope after making these changes it will be much faster than windows machine.
If you face further problem mail me at sameer_rawal_at_cms.com Sameer