SQL - Select and filtering whereby a date is not null.

From: Kal <kalgill_at_talk21.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2005 06:54:49 -0800

I have a particular problem:

I am working at a client site where they have the following oracle system:

Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.3.0.0 - Production Release PL/SQL Release 2.3.3.0.0 - Production

I am trying to select Person_id's filtering by where a date is not null see below:

SELECT Per_Id, Per_First_Names, Per_Surname FROM Oss_Relationships, Oss_Persons
WHERE Rel_Source_Per_Gro_Id = Per_Id AND Rel_Rty_Code = 'CTE' AND Rel_End_Date IS NOT NULL;

I have conducted a few tests and the above query is still pulling people data with a null S.Rel_End_Date when it should not.

I have found a workaround using a nested SELECT but this not efficient and sometimes cause SQL* to freeze and crash.

Any help would be appreciated. p.s. I am a relative newbie to oracle so forgive my inexperience.

Regards,

Kal Received on Tue Mar 22 2005 - 15:54:49 CET

Original text of this message