Re: Comparison of DB2 and Oracle?

From: Rhino <rhino1_at_NOSPAM.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:16:22 -0400

"michael newport" <michaelnewport_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:63b202d.0410180308.274b9516_at_posting.google.com...
> tell your friend Scott that he should stop wasting his time with DB2 and
Oracle.

> Use Ingres instead, it does the same stuff as the other 2, but its FREE.

Thank you, that is also a useful answer.

But is cost the only reason you are recommending Ingres or does it do more things better than Oracle and DB2? I haven't used Ingres either so I have no idea. I'm pretty sure Scott has not used it either.

Rhino Received on Mon Oct 18 2004 - 17:16:22 CEST

Original text of this message