Re: user_tab_columns

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:44:27 GMT

Greg Bailey wrote:

> How do I update the views user_tab_columns and dba_tab_columns?
>
> I am using Oracle 9.
>
> I am trying to use a select command to find out info about the columns
> in some tables - their data_type, data_length and whether they are
> nullable.

Based on the wording, you seem to have a misconception about views and/or the data dictionary. I don't quite understand your problem.

Hopefully you understand the difference between the 'user_' and the 'dba_' views? (And hopefully you understand what a view actually is!)

/Hans Received on Mon Sep 13 2004 - 20:44:27 CEST

Original text of this message