Re: user_tab_columns

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2004 11:22:09 -0700

climbingmercury_at_yahoo.co.uk (Greg Bailey) wrote in message news:<b50df850.0409130230.78e5b8_at_posting.google.com>...
> How do I update the views user_tab_columns and dba_tab_columns?
>
> I am using Oracle 9.
>
> I am trying to use a select command to find out info about the columns
> in some tables - their data_type, data_length and whether they are
> nullable.

Hmm. Try rerunning the query?

I assume you mean REFRESHING the data you see versus trying to UPDATE those views. The data should not change much, so why you'd have problems seeing the most recent values might be due to something else (maybe your session privileges).

HTH,
ed Received on Mon Sep 13 2004 - 20:22:09 CEST

Original text of this message