Re: SELECTION CRITERIA

From: Kevin <kevin.m.mcdonald_at_citigroup.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2004 11:33:34 -0700

sergeant.rock_at_gmail.com (Wario) wrote in message news:<c75b43bb.0409090528.39e5c2b0_at_posting.google.com>...
> SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE grants you select privileges to data dictionary
> tables. The table you are trying to query does not fall into this
> category.
>
> In order to query a table in another schema, you must have privileges
> to that tables. privileges can only be grant by user with DBA
> rights.
>
> i.e.
>
> grant select on schema.table to scott;
> grant update on schema.table to scott;

I'm trying to find a way, if possible, around that. The id I'm using and can only use for right now is only granted the "SELECT CATALOG..." For now, granting select/etc... will not be possible for security reasons. It is in the works, paperwork/etc... sign off procedures/etc... This will take months before the user account is granted the correct priveledges. My question is if there is a way for me to select the information I need with only having "SELECT CATALOG..." granted to the user? Received on Thu Sep 09 2004 - 20:33:34 CEST

Original text of this message