connections differences between 8i and 9i

From: Chris Greaney <cgreaney_at_csc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:52:12 +0100

Hello all, I have a old application that works with Oracle 8i but when I use the same application on Oracle 9i I get an error when I try to connect - [Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-03113]. This application is on a HP Unix box and is connecting to Windows NT Oracle database.

There is no difference in the way the application attempts to connect. Its only when I point this app to Oracle 9i does this become an error.

Thanks
Chris Greaney Received on Wed Aug 18 2004 - 14:52:12 CEST

Original text of this message