Re: connections differences between 8i and 9i

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2004 01:18:27 -0700

"Chris Greaney" <cgreaney_at_csc.com> wrote in message news:<BgIUc.25187$Z14.7875_at_news.indigo.ie>...
> Hello all, I have a old application that works with Oracle 8i but when I
> use the same application on Oracle 9i I get an error when I try to connect -
> [Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-03113]. This
> application is on a HP Unix box and is connecting to Windows NT Oracle
> database.
>
> There is no difference in the way the application attempts to connect. Its
> only when I point this app to Oracle 9i does this become an error.
>
> Thanks
> Chris Greaney

You'll need to find out what version of sqlnet/net8/net you are using. Likely you don't use 8i drivers. Sqlnet 2.3 against 9i databases doesn't work and is not supported. I'm not sure about 8.0

Hth

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Aug 19 2004 - 10:18:27 CEST

Original text of this message