OraOLEDB and Inner Join

From: Richard <richard_at_somewhere.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 00:21:10 +0200

Hi,

I work on a VB6 software using ADO to connect to Oracle 9.2i.

When I create a recordset based on a query containing a "inner join" clause (sql server syntax, the software connects also to sql server and the "inner join" syntax must be preserved for a large fraction of the queries), AddNew and Update methods fail.

Initially, I was using the MSDAORA provider ... With this provider, the BASETABLENAME property of each fields of the recordset is wrong. All fields are considered as belonging to the same table and the recordset is thus not updatable.

So I have changed the provider to OraOLEDB.Oracle ... With this provider the BASETABLENAME is correct, each field is associated with its origin table BUT the Update and AddNew still fail :(

Any solution ?
Is it definitively impossible to update "inner join" recordsets ?

Thank you for your help,

Richard Received on Sun May 09 2004 - 00:21:10 CEST

Original text of this message