Re: loadjava error loading classes

From: Douglas Hawthorne <douglashawthorne_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 01:05:52 GMT

"Cindy Lee" <dangreece_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4a442ed69d82cc0db2335bff3f2e2935_at_news.meganetnews.com...
> I need to insert rows into MySql database from oracle, which I imagine is
> rather common task. The path I decided to take is write a java procedure,
as
> recommended in the manual. However, java expects a driver to connect to
> mysql, so I use the driver that everyone is using,
> mysql-connector-java-3.0.11-stable-bin.jar that can be downloaded from
> www.mysql.com. There are sources that come with it, but they are rather
> complex to build and they use an ant file to produce this jar, so I'm not
> sure how to get them all into the oracle so they resolve. It seems like
> loadjava tool that allows to import jars is my only option.
>

> I'm trying to run
>

> loadjava -v -user player/player -r
> mysql-connector-java-3.0.11-stable-bin.jar
>

> and getting
>

> arguments: '-v' '-user' 'player/player' '-r'
> 'mysql-connector-java-3.0.11-stable-bin.jar'
>
> creating : resource META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

> Error while creating resource META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>
> ORA-29516: Aurora assertion failure: Assertion failure at eox.c:232
> Uncaught exception Root of all Java exceptions:
> java.lang.NullPointerException

> The following operations failed
>
> resource META-INF/MANIFEST.MF: creation

> class com/mysql/jdbc/Driver: creation
>

> Thus, if fails to load the class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver that I need in
order
> to insert into Oracle.
> This is happening on 9i. On 10g it doesn't resolve the class
> java.sql.SavePoint used in the mysql jar. I tried to import rt.jar that
> contains it from sun's jdk, but it gave me a bunch of errors like
>

> ORA-06152: errors during recompilation/revalidation of
> AUTHOR.sun/io/CharToByteCp1252
>

> So I need instructions what to do either on 9i or 10g. Any help from
anyone
> who has connected to mysql from oracle via java would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks-

Cindy,

In "Expert One-on-One Oracle" by Thomas Kyte (A-Press:2003), Thomas recommends, on p.1237, that jar files be unzipped by WinZip and then zipped by WinZip prior to using the loadjava command. The reason he gives for this procedure is that the "...jar files are compressed in a format that are not understood by the database byte code interpreter." (p.1236)

Douglas Hawthorne Received on Tue May 04 2004 - 03:05:52 CEST

Original text of this message