Re: What's your compensation for carrying a pager???

From: Kundan <ksen_at_caip.rutgers.edu>
Date: 15 Apr 2004 06:32:40 -0700

Wow! It's amazing - I had no clue so many people got incentives to carry the pager around! We have a team of 25+ developers, supporting a 24x6 worldwide system, and management requires everyone to carry the pager all around - plus, our support system is not very refined - it just sends all problems to everyone, which means everyone gets some 10 pages every night, most of which are junk status messages from servers - take a look and fall back to sleep. and of course, we don't get paid a cent extra.

The only way we beat the system is claim the pager ran out of juice just when we get caught at not responding to it!

cheers :)