Re: dbms_backup_restore.deletefile with UNC-Filenames

From: Ralf <NoSpam_at_Boehrer.de>
Date: 17 Mar 2004 04:35:11 -0800

> Oracle doesn't support network drives and/or backup to a network drive.
> It also has never supported anything else than 8.3 DOS-compatible file names.
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks for the information.

Do you have any idea how I can manage to delete a file (located on a network-server) in Oracle 8.1.7 ?

I have a file related to a table-entry. When I delete the table-Entry a trigger starts automatically. In this trigger I wanted to put the "Delete-File" command.
Is there any other way to solve this problem ?

Thanks for any help !!
Best regards
 Ralf Received on Wed Mar 17 2004 - 13:35:11 CET

Original text of this message