Re: Granting Access

From: tracy <tracykim10_at_yahoo.com.hk>
Date: 11 Mar 2004 17:31:03 -0800

hi, Micheal:
try to create public synonym for the table project.

But when I log on as "myuser" and execute:

     Select * from project

*most probably, myuser do not has access to the table b'cos is under diferent schema. Example: user a created a table using his own log-in name. then the table will stored under user a schema. When user b, login he will not able to query or see the table. b'cos that table is under user a schema.

To allow user b to see the table, user a must create public synonym and grant the table to user b using this statement: create public synonym <tablename> for <synonymname>

grant all on tablename to user b

or if u everybody see it, user a just run this statement: create public synonym <tablename> for <synonymname>

regards,
tracy