Re: SQL*PLUS Tip: Reading other user's tables from SYSDBA/SYSOPER account

From: FaheemRao <faheemrao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2004 06:59:33 -0800

James,

You have to reference the user name like this

select * from john.Accounts

now if you still cannot see this table you may need to grant select priviliges in your case you dont need because you are logging on as system or sys. but if you logon as someother user (non dba) you do need to grant select priviliges.
like this

login as john/passwd

grant select on accounts to user_name ;

enjoy ;)