Re: Killing an user from the user

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2004 06:55:29 -0800

"Yong Feei Shun" <yong_feei_shun_at_uac.com.my> wrote in message news:<4047e081$1_2_at_news.tm.net.my>...
> Dear all,
>
> I am having a question here. hope you guys could help. Whenever
> i kill a user, i cant kill the oracle statement there, eventhough the user
> had been killed. What should be the problem? Does this mean that at the
> background that session still running? I encountered system slow down
> problem recently and cause me to kill the user whoever using the sesssion.
> Please help. Thanks
>

> Rgrds
> Feei Shun

How did you kill the user session? At the OS level or via alter system kill session?

There is a very good chance that Oracle is rolling the user activity back. See the following article for how to follow a rollback.

Is there a way to detect processes that are rolling back, and can I figure out how long it will take ?
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/rolling_back.html

Re-post with more information if the article does not apply/help.

By the way, when a newsgroup has sub-groups you should generally post to one of the sub-groups and not in the group.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Mar 05 2004 - 15:55:29 CET

Original text of this message