Re: Snapshot Materialized view : how to ?

From: Bernard Segonnes <bsegonnes_at_free.fr>
Date: 23 Jan 2004 17:08:10 -0800

Thanks for your answers.

After 3 days of reshearches I've finaly created my snapshot. It wasn't really clear from Oracle PDF documentation !

  • I didn't knew a database link was required to have a snapshot.
  • I didn't knew SYS couldn't create a database link (nor snapshot) for another user.
  • I didn't knew the 'dual' stuff.
  • Oracle in not case sensitive when you type commands. But it IS case sensitive for the ORACLE_SID.
  • etc...

I wish the next Oracle version will have a better documentation for beginer :-)

So here is the few lines I was looking for (for 3 days !) :

connect sys/sys as sysdba;
grant create database link to user2;
grant create materialized view to user2; connect user2/user2;
create database link I1 connect to user1 identified by user1 using 'I1';
create materialized view testmv as select * from user1.myTable_at_I1,dual; Received on Sat Jan 24 2004 - 02:08:10 CET

Original text of this message